Participant Initiated Non-RID Activities (PINRA)
Participant Initiated Non-RID Activities (PINRA) include activities that an interpreter wishes to attend but which are not offered by an RID approved sponsor. The activity must be sponsored by an organization with specific known standards and must have a specific format, educational objectives and purpose.
Processing CEUs for non-ICRID members will cost $10/PINRA
Benefits of Participant Initiated Non-RID Activities:
- Makes almost any activity an opportunity to earn CEUs
- Enables you to find activities suited to what you want to study
What Qualifies as a PINRA?
- Audited college courses
- Non-credit courses at an educational institution
- Corporate trainings
- Community education
- Non-mandatory school district in-services
- Organizational conventions/workshops
Steps to Complete a PINRA
1) Obtain information about the conference, workshop or seminar you want to attend.
3) The CMP Chair will determine whether it is CEU-worthy, confirm which category the activity will fall (general studies vs. professional studies) and how many CEUs can be awarded for the activity.
4) Attend the conference or seminar and collect the appropriate documentation. Send the sponsor proof of attendance once the activity is completed
***PLEASE NOTE: The activity/conference must exceed routine employment responsibilities